16 Things About Me
- I am just under six feet tall with my shoes off, pale-skinned, blue-eyed, and silver-haired.
- I share a birthday with Barry White. Oh yeah.
- My family tree is mostly German/British/Scandinavian but I recently had a DNA test done and apparently my genetic profile is mostly Slavic with Spain and India making a strong showing.
- I am debilitatingly nearsighted without corrective lenses. I start to lose focus about a foot away from my nose.
- I am an introvert. This doesn’t always mean shyness.
- I was a nerd back when you could still get your ass kicked for it.
- I am a cartoonist, even when I’m working someplace else.
- Graphic novels, manga, bandes-dessinee; it’s all comics to me. I devour them all.
- I work for a national copy/shipping chain. You might know us. We wear lots of purple and black.
- I practice Northern Shaolin Kung Fu and Sun Style Tai Chi. I wouldn’t say my skill is great but it has become a surprisingly deep part of my life.
- I have no religion, although my kung fu practice brings me closer to Buddhism than anything else.
- As a kid, I was allergic to citric acid. I couldn’t eat citrus fruits or drink most sodas without breaking out in a rash. Today, one of my favorite flavors is lime.
- My mother plucked my first grey hair from my head when I was fourteen, the same year my wisdom teeth came out.
- I am equal parts dog and cat person. I have a deep, instinctive revulsion towards snakes. I feel your pain, Indy.
- I am an unapologetic liberal. It’s the right thing to do.
- I have a pretty broad range of musical tastes but if you were listening to San Francisco’s Live 105 during the late Eighties, you know where my hub lies.